The Castle Nek
- A refugee from the collapse of Tower Soundwatch, Dwarf has not seen her brother, Gnome, since the night of the catastrophe.
- Her conniving nature is for the benefit of her family, still living in the shanties west of the Market Halls.
- She is the possessor of a strange glowing stone. It was stolen from an unaware traveler. Dwarf has found no interested party save her own amusement.
- Dwarf seeks to milk Candid for all he owns.
- The wrath of the potters’ guild pursues her for the theft of their library.
- An orc by the name of Thúǖg as the chosen one of the orc peoples.
- Candid is an itinerant preacher of Glimmer who has taken an interest in converting the troubled Dwarf.
- His lower-class mother is being turned out from the house of his noble father. Candid seeks to find her a new love.
- Candid’s mentor left him a hint as to the location of the third sanctum of Glimmer. He seems to have gone ahead himself.
- Candid has chosen to support the Bernoulli through a collusion of goals—i.e. discovery.
- He has decided that the party are vehicles of Glimmer to work miracles upon the castle.
- Number-9 belongs to the Pillars of Foundation. His order protects the Bedrock Lives, a bloodline tied to the fundamental magic of the castle.
- Number-9 has been brainwashed like all of his fellow Arms of the Foundation. For unknown reasons, his “forging” was imperfect and gasps of personality break through.
- Number-9 has a personal collection to show his devotion to Clink. This is a sign of his flawed “forging” and would indicate such to the Foundation if brought to light.
- Number-9 is sickened by the smell of cheese.
- Twinkle is a moody teenager with daddy issues.
- Twinkle seeks to find her father, last known to work for Candid’s father. She may try to kill him if she succeeds.
- She has received a continuing stream of letters that indicate that Number-9 knows of her father and will assist her in her pursuit.
- Twinkle has taken personal offense at the crimes (and attitude) of Terpse.
- Bernoulli seeks to understand the nature of the castle. To this end, he has been mapping the castle hallways…a very frustrating task.
- Bernoulli seeks support from Candid due to an alignment of aims. Candid’s father supposedly led the initial explorations of the castle. The whole goodie-two-shoes thing is really getting on his nerves.
- Bernoulli has been finding some dangerous secrets. And they’ve been noticing him also.